Software options

t.fol...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2022, 2:24:22 PM10/11/22
to RF Explorer
Hey there. I have been using Touchstone Pro from Nuts About Nets to connect to my RF Explorer and send scans to Shure's Wireless Workbench. I have had to reinstall the software a couple of times  due to computer issues. I just attempted another installation but got a message that I had exceeded the number of installations allowed. I emailed NFN and the response I got included "Don't you think we've been more than generous" and "Our developers ... need to get paid". I've gotten snarky responses from NFN customer service before. I'm not inclined to doing business with them anymore. Does anyone have any recommendation of an alternate software? The only advantage for me to Touchstone over the RF Explorer software is the ability to scan at .025MHz resolution. Thanks in advance.

Mr Fame

Oct 11, 2022, 8:41:53 PM10/11/22
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com
I know it doesn’t help you much,  but wanted to say that I’ve had the same experience with that company. They went so far as accusing me of stealing…

If you’re doing any major coordination work, you really should invest in a Tti PSA 2702. They are great for wireless work.

As for using rfe with wwb, I can’t offer any solutions, sorry!

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your experience with those nuts!

-Jason

Sent from my iPhone

--

---

XENON

Oct 11, 2022, 9:53:48 PM10/11/22
to RF Explorer
Just chiming in to agree with Jason and say, you're not alone. Theyre by far, the most hostile company Ive ever met when it comes to their user base. Ive run into the same issues where I needed to reinstall because the software was acting up, and then they tried to claim I was exceeding my license terms.

Hopefully someone comes up with a better alternative soon.

Nuts About Nets

Oct 11, 2022, 10:26:05 PM10/11/22
to RF Explorer
For those who require free software, the RF Explorer team offers amazing, full-featured software for Windows, MacOS and Linux.  Here's a link to the download page.

Nuts About Nets

Mr Fame

Oct 12, 2022, 5:13:43 AM10/12/22
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com
Lol case and point

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2022, at 9:26 PM, Nuts About Nets <nutsab...@gmail.com> wrote:

For those who require free software, the RF Explorer team offers amazing, full-featured software for Windows, MacOS and Linux.  Here's a link to the download page.
--

---

script warlock

Oct 17, 2022, 1:13:41 AM10/17/22
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com
They resetted my license once because of hard drive corruption. I guess x6 the license is enough for them to be generous. Rf explorer is free though.