Connecting RF Explorer to iPAD Air 2

Joe Cooper

Oct 29, 2016, 2:20:46 PM10/29/16
to RF Explorer
Hello Ariel,

Can you provide a quick list of software and connectors to use my new 6G with my iPAD Air 2.

Thank you,

- Joe

Ariel Rocholl

Nov 4, 2016, 1:15:03 PM11/4/16
to RF Explorer
Hi Joe,

There is no currently way to interact from iPad or iPhone with RF Explorer, the HW interface of IOS devices is too close to allow that. We are exploring options but so far no one has been feasible.

Regards

Joor

Nov 4, 2016, 3:56:07 PM11/4/16
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com
You can use Splashtop on your pc where RF explorer is running and on your iPad to and it works than as extended screen where you can duplicate the screen

Kind regards,

---

benr

Sep 24, 2017, 1:41:11 PM9/24/17
to RF Explorer
Hi,

Is there any change on this front?

I ask because the Oscium WiPry devices seem to work on iOS, so *something* is possible, but I own and prefer the RF Explorer hardware.

Thanks

RF Explorer

Sep 28, 2017, 5:20:02 AM9/28/17
to RF Explorer
Hi,

We are not very optimistic about an iOS connection direct from USB, mainly because Apple does not allow generic device connection - you must design specifically for them.

We expect to have some sort of adapter so you can bridge the RF Explorer USB connector to iOS devices at some point, but cannot define a timeframe.

Regards
RF Explorer Team

Gary Mulholland

Oct 3, 2023, 8:16:17 AM10/3/23
to RF Explorer
@RF Explorer, has there been any progress on an adaptor for the RF Explorer to connect to iOS devices?

RF Explorer

Oct 17, 2023, 6:48:27 PM10/17/23
to RF Explorer
We are actively working on a solution to allow WiFi connection with a special device. Expected release is Q2 2024.

Regards
RF Explorer Team