RF Explorer - Pro Audio Version

Rock Solid Studio

Nov 2, 2021, 6:14:43 PM11/2/21
to RF Explorer
Hello!

We purchased a Pro Audio version of the RF Explorer and have been having troubles getting the unit to scan the RF environment consistently.

Even with the antenna that came with the unit the spectrum analysis will be scanning for a bit and then just flat line, as if it looses connection to the antenna. - In this scenario we are not issuing any antenna cables, just straight from the RF Explorer to the short antenna that it came with.

We also have the same thing happen when trying to use the Touchstone software.

We also have the same issue when using a Shure UA860SWB antenna as well.

Every option we try and RF scanning never seems to be able to scan correctly and ends up flatlining and does not show the analysis correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

RF Explorer

Nov 3, 2021, 4:47:23 AM11/3/21
to RF Explorer
Hi,

Can you confirm the problems are present when you are using the unit standalone with no software connected? What frequency range are you configuring for scan?

Regards,
RF Explorer Team

Jimmy - Rock Solid Studio

Nov 4, 2021, 10:32:26 AM11/4/21
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com
Yes this happens without any software connected to the RF Explorer.

And it happens on the default frequency range after the unit is even reset.

I can turn the unit on and hit reset. The unit seems to freeze at that point (not sure if that is normal?), then we turn the unit off and back on and the normal frequency display will show correct for a while and then flat line (not showing the frequencies from the antenna).

Let me know if you need me to send what the default frequency range is. - I am not around the RF Explorer at the moment.

Thanks!

upload image
Jimmy Bridgeman
Owner/Manager