memory Storage fopr measurements

Pablo Garcia

Mar 21, 2016, 9:13:41 AM3/21/16
to RF Explorer
Ariel,

Are there any plans to incorpate the feature of saving of measurements on the RF Explorer unit either by having internal memory or external memory (e.g. memory stick)? It would be useful for hand-held measurements in the field without the need to carry an additional set of cables and laptop.

Many thanks.

Pablo

Ariel Rocholl

Mar 26, 2016, 4:22:32 PM3/26/16
to RF Explorer
Hi Pablo,

You can easily connect RF Explorer to a Windows Tablet, a Raspberry Pi, etc via USB so software control can store data as much as you need. You can even use an Android phone with ICTP software and store data for later processing. Please check www.rf-explorer.com/software for learning on options available.

There will be an option to store spectrum analyzer data inside internal device memory as long as you use a Combo model. This will come in Firmware v2.x we have been working for some time and expect to have it ready in Q3 if not earlier.

Pablo Garcia

Mar 29, 2016, 3:21:54 AM3/29/16
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com

Ariel,

Many thanks for the alternative solutions. In the meantime, I look forward to the saving data option for the Combo when it becomes available this year.

Best regards,

Pablo

--

---

Pablo Garcia

Dec 7, 2016, 8:27:29 AM12/7/16
to RF Explorer
Ariel,

Any progress on this option that you indicated that you were working on saving measurements on the available memory of the 6G combo?

Thank you in advance,

Pablo

On Monday, 21 March 2016 13:13:41 UTC, Pablo Garcia wrote:
Ariel,

Are there any plans to incorporate the feature of saving of measurements on the RF Explorer unit either by having internal memory or external memory (e.g. memory stick)? It would be useful for hand-held measurements in the field without the need to carry an additional set of cables and laptop.

Many thanks.

Pablo

Ariel Rocholl

Dec 11, 2016, 6:32:35 PM12/11/16
to RF Explorer
Hi Pablo,

We are still working on it, may be available in Q1 hopefully.

Regards
Ariel

Pablo Garcia

Mar 12, 2019, 8:35:18 PM3/12/19
to RF Explorer
Ariel,

Is the feature of saving traces to the internal memory still of interest for development?

Pablo

aroc...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2019, 6:35:32 AM3/15/19
to RF Explorer
Hi Pablo,

Unfortunately the beta we produced and tested got a memory limitation issue (internal CPU). We are working to have this available after major rework we are doing for firmware v2.0 which will come with several news, but we have no ETA yet.

But in addition we found a problem related with regulatory <red tape>: RF instrument devices storing data are subject to additional certification charges, so the feature will be available for a (small) fee, otherwise we would have to increase price for all customers even if they do not need this.

Regards
Ariel Rocholl

Pablo Garcia

Jun 9, 2022, 6:24:24 PM6/9/22
to RF Explorer
Hi Ariel,

Are there any plans/progress to support storage for measurements on the standard 6G RF Explorer. There were discussions about this 3 years ago. Thank you in advance.

Pablo

Ariel Rocholl

Jun 14, 2022, 4:07:52 AM6/14/22
to RF Explorer
Hi Pablo,

Unfortunately no, it wasn't possible to add this feature to standard models. It is available for PLUS models: www.rf-explorer.com/rec

The main reason is limited memory capacity, we expected with some additional work to find enough room but it wasn't feasible except we rewrite the whole firmware in assembler which is not cost effective.

Regards,
Ariel, RF Explorer

Pablo Garcia

Jan 9, 2023, 3:16:46 PM1/9/23
to RF Explorer
Hi  Ariel,

Is there support for saving measurements from an RF Explorer 6G Combo to Android phone using USB? I don't need much functionality other than saving traces for later viewing with RF Explorer Suite for Windows on a PC.

Touchstone for Android is no longer available as an option.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,

Pablo

RF Explorer

Jan 14, 2023, 1:43:46 PM1/14/23
to RF Explorer
Hi Pablo,

We are not aware of any currently available Android app for RF Explorer.

Regards,
RF Explorer Team