check 868 mhz band

ITN Groep

Nov 17, 2022, 11:33:45 AM11/17/22
to RF Explorer
Hello, how to check if the 868 mhz band is used a lot or not. How much traffic is there?

Because we have home automation systems on the 868 band and sometimes all the communication is slow or didn't work.

We want to see if there is more traffic and where's the traffic coming from, the source.

RF Explorer

Nov 17, 2022, 11:38:52 AM11/17/22
to RF Explorer
Hi,

Yes, the 868MHz band is a busy band, as all ISM bands are. You can use RF Explorer and enable the MaxHold mode to detect and accumulate the activity over time. For this frequency you can use the RF Explorer WSUB1G PLUS model.

Connected to a PC you can also record all the activity for hours or days, and later review or aggregate the data for further research in Excel or external scripts.

To locate signal source you can use a directional antenna and point toward different directions to locate the strongest signal and walk towards that direction to get as close as possible to the source.

Regards
RF Explorer Team

Simon Hockenhull

Nov 18, 2022, 4:05:54 AM11/18/22
to RF Explorer
Not 100% sure about this but I know the 868Mhz band was used for analogue devices such as microphones and headphones. But I thought all this had gone with this band of frequencies being handed over to the mobile or cellular phone industry.

Kind Regards

Simon Hockenhull

Marco Congedo

Nov 19, 2022, 4:02:15 AM11/19/22
to RF Explorer
Hello,

  863-870 MHz is still a free band where you can find a bunch of emitters.
Mobile phone bands can be found before and after that band.

Cheers,
Marco

משה גילי

Nov 28, 2022, 4:55:44 PM11/28/22