Incorrect frequency reading.

Dirk Sp.

Mar 14, 2021, 5:42:34 PM3/14/21
to RF Explorer
My RF Explorer spectrum analyser (1st model with 7 keys) shows wrong frequencies on the display.
For example, a signal at 439.550MHz is displayed as 439.630MHz.
I want to calibrate the device but I get a popup saying this is not necessary.
Anyone have a tip or suggestion?

Mohsin Khan

Mar 15, 2021, 4:32:22 AM3/15/21
to rf-ex...@googlegroups.com
Hey just add or subtract the number from your number to get the desired result

--

---

RF Explorer

Mar 15, 2021, 4:42:50 AM3/15/21
to RF Explorer
Hi,

Make sure to use a narrow span if you need high resolution. For instance use a span of 200KHz centered in your frequency of interest.

Dirk Sp.

Mar 17, 2021, 11:35:26 AM3/17/21
to RF Explorer
thanks for the feedback. Indeed I had the span set too wide at 7.6MHz.