Slack Workspace?

Thorsten Kaufmann

Apr 5, 2019, 3:56:00 AM4/5/19
to rez-config
Hey there,

i thought it would be nice to have a Slack workspace for Rez so that interested parties can chat in realtime. So i went ahead and created the workspace.
Turns out the workspace was automatically renamed to rez-talk (from Rez) so i assume there already is a workspace called Rez.

Is this workspace about "our" Rez? If so, can we get on there? If not i can post the invite here and we can use rez-talk instead :)

Cheers,
Thorsten

Allan Johns

Apr 5, 2019, 4:00:28 AM4/5/19
to rez-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Thorsten,

That sounds like a great idea. The existing rez workspace isn't me, so I assume it isn't us ;)

rez-talk sounds good.

ps - replying to emails soon. New feature releasing tomorrow.

Thorsten Kaufmann

Apr 5, 2019, 4:06:05 AM4/5/19
to rez-config
Cool! Here is the invite link for everyone to join: https://join.slack.com/t/rez-talk/shared_invite/enQtNTk5MDI0MzAyMzM2LWQ3YWI0NzM3N2QxZTU1YmYzNjNlZWZiNDVhZTJlMGU5NzM1YmU1MjAyZWNiNWVjYTMzYzMzZTY4MjNkNzQ5OWI

As soon as you are on their i will make you an Admin there Allan.

Cheers,
Thorsten

Ioannis Valasakis

Apr 5, 2019, 4:56:02 AM4/5/19
to rez-config

On Friday, April 5, 2019 at 9:06:05 AM UTC+1, Thorsten Kaufmann wrote:
Cool! Here is the invite link for everyone to join: https://join.slack.com/t/rez-talk/shared_invite/enQtNTk5MDI0MzAyMzM2LWQ3YWI0NzM3N2QxZTU1YmYzNjNlZWZiNDVhZTJlMGU5NzM1YmU1MjAyZWNiNWVjYTMzYzMzZTY4MjNkNzQ5OWI

As soon as you are on their i will make you an Admin there Allan.

Best news ever! Love Slack.
Cheers,
Thorsten

Allan Johns

Apr 5, 2019, 5:03:19 PM4/5/19
to rez-c...@googlegroups.com
Whelp, the newest version (3.3.8) is telling me I need to install the newest version. Ub 16.04. Such fail. Will try again soon.

Thorsten Kaufmann

Apr 5, 2019, 5:15:47 PM4/5/19
to rez-config
Slack is being weird at times. Oddly i did get a DM by the slackbot that you did join, just that you did not join ;)

I assume the redirect to the homepage worked but when you were directed back to the app it failed?

apr...@brunchstudio.tv

Apr 8, 2019, 3:48:24 AM4/8/19
to rez-config
While slack is great for realtime, there is always the issue of "lost knowledge". Before slack, you could search a group/mailing history and get topic matches. With slack you match single messages instead of threads and most communities quickly exceed the "free search" limit of slack while they can't afford to unlock history.

I think it is always difficult to find the balance between small talk/one line question (slack is perfect for that) and more structured discussion that could interest everybody/should be public record. And even then, sometimes small talk can evolve into a proper discussion about how A or B should be setup  etc...

Cheers,

Alexis

Ioannis Valassakis

Apr 8, 2019, 4:08:16 AM4/8/19
to rez-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, 08:48 , <apr...@brunchstudio.tv> wrote:
While slack is great for realtime, there is always the issue of "lost knowledge". Before slack, you could search a group/mailing history and get topic matches. With slack you match single messages instead of threads and most communities quickly exceed the "free search" limit of slack while they can't afford to unlock history.

I think it is always difficult to find the balance between small talk/one line question (slack is perfect for that) and more structured discussion that could interest everybody/should be public record. And even then, sometimes small talk can evolve into a proper discussion about how A or B should be setup  etc...

Create a slack hot and let it post a digest on a mailing list 😁😀

Cheers,

Alexis

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments from your system.

apr...@brunchstudio.tv

Apr 8, 2019, 8:29:33 AM4/8/19
to rez-config
Let's create a slack channel to discuss the slack bot :)

Ioannis Valassakis

Apr 8, 2019, 9:44:58 AM4/8/19
to rez-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, 13:29 , <apr...@brunchstudio.tv> wrote:
Let's create a slack channel to discuss the slack bot :)

Sounds awesome. There are also tools like that which let you backup the message history.

Best
Ioannis

allan.johns

Apr 10, 2019, 9:10:25 PM4/10/19
to rez-config
Update: Still no luck, latest slack tells me I need latest slack.

Anyone running on Ubuntu 16.04?

Frustratingly, the slack download page doesn't offer previous versions for download. I've also tried uninstall/reinstall, to no avail.

allan.johns

Apr 10, 2019, 9:21:10 PM4/10/19
to rez-config
Update: working now.

Had to manually rm ~/.config/Slack

Gene Dreitser

Jan 27, 2020, 10:32:43 AM1/27/20
to rez-config
Appologies for the thread necromancy.

Is the slack still a thing?  It seems like the link above is not longer active.

Joseph Yu

Jan 28, 2020, 11:37:40 AM1/28/20
to rez-c...@googlegroups.com

Joseph Yu · Pipeline TD · +44 (0)7925535159

2nd Floor, People's Mission Hall,
20-30 Whitechapel Road,
London
E1 1EW