Logging into server with .pem file

Steve Dondley

Apr 7, 2020, 8:47:07 PM4/7/20
to Rex Users
I have the following in a Rexfile:

group "servers", "server_big" => { user => 'my_user', private_key => '/home/user/key.pem' };

# private_key '/home/bitnami/LightsailDefaultKey-us-west-2.pem';

task 'uptime', 'server_big', sub {
  say run 'uptime';
};

The above does not work. However, if I uncomment out the private_key line, it works. But why doesn't it work with the private_key that I have set in server_big?
Message has been deleted

Steve Dondley

Apr 7, 2020, 8:50:58 PM4/7/20
to Rex Users
Note: I have a typo below. The value in the private_key commented line should match the value for the private_key in the setting for server_big. In other words, ignore the wrong value I have in there for private_key. It should also be set to "/home/user/key.pem".

Ferenc Erki

Apr 9, 2020, 12:39:53 PM4/9/20
to Rex Users
This looks like a potential bug, and I believe this thread is duplicating https://github.com/RexOps/Rex/issues/1286 so let's follow it there.