doas Support?

Ryan Quinn

Nov 30, 2020, 11:16:06 PM11/30/20
to Rex Users
Hi!

Does rex support doas on FreeBSD and OpenBSD?

I haven't found a clear answer on this, so I'm guessing rex supports only sudo at this time, which is fine.

Ryan

Paulo Graça

Apr 30, 2021, 6:17:43 AM4/30/21
to Rex Users
Hi Ryan,

I'm a simple user like you and didn't test it on any of those distributions I'm only using Debian and RedHat based versions. If your question is related with is possible to install Rex/Rexify on those systems. Sincerely I don't know. Rex is developed in Perl and there was a change and know, to use it, you need to install it using CPAN/CPANMinus. You can try to install it and give your feedback. But, if your question is related with OS interacting, I would say that there not should  be any problem since you will access those machines using SSH. The problems you will have are related with the modules support for those OS.