Wanted: New maintainer for RevitPythonShell (RPS)

Daren Thomas

Jan 15, 2021, 5:59:20 AM1/15/21
to RevitPythonShell

Dear Users,

I should have written this a long time ago - I don't use Revit anymore since a while and that's also why updates have been... sporadic.

Starting February 2021 (yep, in two weeks time), I won't have access to Revit at all and won't be able to test anything or create updates...

RPS is open source and can just be forked anytime from GitHub if anyone is ever in need to do so.

BUT: If you're interested, I can also add you as a maintainer for the original project repository if you like - or even transfer the repository to you.

Best Regards,
And thank you all so much for making my first open source developer experience such a great one!

Daren
Message has been deleted

Jonathan Talisman

Feb 1, 2021, 9:58:01 AM2/1/21
to RevitPythonShell
Daren ,
First of all, I wish you all the best in your new adventures.
I believe a very big thank you and a big round of applause is due -  the RevitPythonShell is a fantastic open source tool.
I wish I had enough knowledge to take the project maintainer role and responsibilities,  if someone is taking this - please share.
I would appreciate any pointers/quick overview on how the project is built, where to start if one wants  to contribute. (me for example) .
While I realize you are probably fully engaged in other things - spending a little bit of time doing this is likely to help a lot and perhaps keep this project development in some form.
I am sure that others who want to do so would probably find such a guide (or maybe a pointer to a relevant existing document) helpful.
Thanks again for this amazing project.
Jonathan Talisman