Reassigning the reviewid using admin

Raghuveer Mudiraj

Jun 28, 2021, 12:46:30 PM6/28/21
to Review Board Community
Hi,

We are using ReviewBoard 1.7.9 version.

Recently we moved the reviewboard server from one network to another network.

In the old network, we used Active Directory mechanism for users to login.

In the current network, we used LDAP mechanism for users to login. However, in LDAP the user ids are different comparing to Active Directory.

Now, how to change the user ids who raised the review requests which are open?

any specific command or can we do it from admin dashboard?

Thanks & Regards,
M Raghuveer

Christian Hammond

Jul 7, 2021, 5:21:50 PM7/7/21
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raghuveer,

There isn't really a good way of doing this without very carefully writing a custom script to update the database entries directly. Old IDs would still be stored in some embedded metadata in review requests, but should be harmless. You would absolutely want to operate off of a copy of the database and test it thoroughly. We don't have anything available to help with this. You'd need to do it internally.

1.7.9 is now 8 years old, and is no longer supported. We can't easily provide support for this version. I'd also recommen scheduling some time to test and perform an upgrade to a modern version (4.0), once you're past this issue.

Christian

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/