Cannot Fix/Drop/Re-open Issue in Safari browser (version 6.0.2)

Becky Wong

Apr 29, 2024, 8:09:03 PMApr 29
to Review Board Community
Hi,

In Safari, I'm unable to perform actions on the issues by clicking the 'Fixed', 'Drop' and 'Re-open' buttons. When I click the button, the buttons grey out (shown in screenshot below) but never complete.
button-grey-out.png
Refreshing the page show no changes to the issue. I get the following errors in the developer tools console:
console-error.png

I'm using version 6.0.2, but I was also able to reproduce this on the demo review board instance too (at https://demo.reviewboard.org). Chrome and Firefox seem to work fine for me though. Is this something can be fixed for Safari?

Thanks,
Becky

Christian Hammond

May 20, 2024, 10:32:07 PMMay 20
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Becky,

Can you verify that your logged-in user (shown in the top-right) matches the owner of the review request?

Certainly it shouldn't show the buttons if you're not able to use it. There may be a bug here. However, you shouldn't be getting an HTTP 403 in this case.

We'll see if we can reproduce it on our end, but confirming the username above would help.

Also, are you running with any browser plugins?

Christian

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board

Becky Wong

May 27, 2024, 11:17:25 PMMay 27
to Review Board Community
Hi Christian,

I can confirm that the logged in user is also the owner of the review request. If I'm logged in as another user (that is not the owner), then the issue buttons do not show up.

This issue only happens in the Safari browser. I am able to successfully update the issue (mark as fixed, drop, or re-open) in the Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Steps to recreater:
  1. Create a new review request
  2. Add a comment (general or diff comment) with the 'Open an issue' checked
  3. Click the 'Fixed' or 'Drop' button for the issue in a Safari browser. An error show up in the console and the issue update action gets stuck.
Selecting 'Fixed' or 'Drop' in a Chrome or Firefox browser worked without any issues for me.

I created a test review request in the demo instance, but it may get reset before you see it: https://demo.reviewboard.org/r/8/

Thanks,
Becky