Path 6303924 does not match a valid Perforce path.

Darshan MAnge

Jul 11, 2018, 11:42:43 AM7/11/18
to Review Board Community
Hi All,

I am facing the below issue while running below command

input :

rbt post -d 6389924

output:

the issue it pops is : rbtools.clients.errors.SCMError: Path 6303924 does not match a valid Perforce path.

My Findings:

1. It is not able to return state of the changelist and thereby making whole revisions variable NONE

File perforce.py

def _get_changelist_status(self, changelist):

        if changelist == self.REVISION_DEFAULT_CLN:

            return 'pending'

        else:

            change = self.p4.change(changelist)

            if len(change) == 1 and 'Status' in change[0]:

                return change[0]['Status']

        return None

2. return change[0]['Status'] in this line it is not able to find Status key inside the change object

output of line : change = self.p4.change(changelist) is

{b'code': b'stat', b'Change': b'6303924', b'Date': b'2018/07/09 17:22:22', b'Client': b'dmange-cmd-vapi', ..., }

3. I guess while decoding it using marshal in below line, it is somehow not able to convert it to dictionary.

line 283 : data = marshal.load(p.stdout)

Please let me know if anyone can help me resolving this issue, i changed marshal to json and pickle, an another form of decoder, but still i was not able to solve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Darshan Mange

Harsh Verma

May 14, 2019, 5:46:46 PM5/14/19
to Review Board Community
Hi Darshan,

I am running into the exact same issue and cannot post reviews using rbt. Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Thanks,
Harsh

Steve McCarthy

May 14, 2019, 5:50:48 PM5/14/19
to Review Board Community
In  ~/.reviewboardrc add:

    REPOSITORY_TYPE = "perforce"

Got me past this error.

-Steve

Harsh Verma

May 15, 2019, 12:28:03 PM5/15/19
to Review Board Community
I already have it in my ~/.reviewboardrc file

Harsh Verma

May 15, 2019, 4:32:21 PM5/15/19
to Review Board Community
For anyone who might find this thread for the issue.

I resolved it by modifying the /usr/bin/rbt script to use python 2.7 instead of python 3.6 since I have both installed and rbt script was using python 3.6.

Patch:

1c1
< #!/usr/bin/python3.6
---
> #!/usr/bin/python

Rajan M

Feb 9, 2023, 10:27:45 AM2/9/23
to Review Board Community
Anyone have better answer for this question. I have python 3.6 in my setup as default still I get same error

Christian Hammond

Feb 9, 2023, 5:49:13 PM2/9/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajan,

I can take a look, though I'll need to see some more details. Can you run as `rbt post --debug <your ID>` and show the results of that?

Also, are you an administrator on the server? It might be important to get some logs.

Thanks,

Christian

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board
Message has been deleted

Rajan M

Feb 13, 2023, 10:17:46 AM2/13/23
to Review Board Community
Hi Chris,
Here is the log I got through debug command

E:\AV_MAIN_BRANCH_SQL\AV\main>rbt post --debug 906043
>>> RBTools 0.7.5 alpha 0 (dev)
>>> Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
>>> Running on Windows-2012Server-6.2.9200
>>> Home = C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming
>>> Current directory = E:\AV_MAIN_BRANCH_SQL\AV\main
>>> Checking for a Subversion repository...
>>> Unable to execute "svn help": skipping SVN
>>> Checking for a Git repository...
>>> Unable to execute "git --help" or "git.cmd --help": skipping Git
>>> Checking for a Mercurial repository...
>>> Unable to execute "hg --help": skipping Mercurial
>>> Checking for a CVS repository...
>>> Unable to execute "cvs": skipping CVS
>>> Checking for a Perforce repository...
>>> Running: p4 info
>>> Running: diff --version
>>> repository info: Path: <website>.com:1666, Base path: Non
e, Supports changesets: True
>>> Making HTTP GET request to http://reviews.avamar.com/api/
>>> Making HTTP GET request to http://reviews.avamar.com/api/info/
>>> Running: p4 info
Path '906043' does not match a valid Perforce path.

Rajan M

Feb 13, 2023, 10:22:43 AM2/13/23
to Review Board Community
One more note is:
I use two development machines where both are configured with P4V and same workspace I use in both machines.

Thanks
Rajan

Christian Hammond

Feb 13, 2023, 5:33:57 PM2/13/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Would you be able to try upgrading RBTools? 0.7.5 is almost 8 years old now, and virtually all relevant code has been rewritten a couple of times since. The latest version is 4.0.

I'm hoping the new code will do what you need it to do, and if it doesn't, we'll be in a better position to diagnose and fix it.

Christian