API Error 210 (on post-review)

Ian Battersby

Jan 24, 2011, 11:26:41 AM1/24/11
to reviewboard
Getting the following on ReviewBoard 1.5+, any ideas?

>>> Got API Error 210 (HTTP code 200): There was an error fetching extended information for this repository.
>>> Error data: {u'deprecated': {u'in_version': u'1.5'}, u'stat': u'fail', u'err': {u'msg': u'There was an error fetching extended information for this repository.', u'code': 210}}

R, Ian.

Jan Koprowski

Jan 24, 2011, 1:34:05 PM1/24/11
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Any additional information what kind of repository You use?

> --
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

><> Jan Koprowski

Ian Battersby

Jan 25, 2011, 2:45:32 PM1/25/11
to reviewboard
Hi Jan,

I had assumed the errors related to something in ReviewBoard opposed
to the repository, I suspect now with your prompting this isn't the
case. The repositories that are reporting this error use an SVN
configuration that is feed by SVNBridge (to our TFS servers). I hadn't
noticed them previously and can think all I have changed recently is
to add a trailing backslash to the repository URL.

Is there any debugging I can do further to find the issue?

Thanks, Ian.

On Jan 24, 6:34 pm, Jan Koprowski <jan.koprow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any additional information what kind of repository You use?
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Ian Battersby <ian.batter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Getting the following on ReviewBoard 1.5+, any ideas?

> > R, Ian.
>
> > --
> > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today athttp://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Christian Hammond

Jan 26, 2011, 4:03:11 AM1/26/11
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

For Subversion repositories, we attempt to query the information on the remote server for UUID comparisons. It sounds like this is what's failing. I'm guessing your SVNBridge doesn't implement the call we need, or we assume some info is returned that doesn't actually exist there.

What happens if you do 'svn info' on the repository path for your SVNBridge? Does that fail? If not, what fields do you see?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Ian Battersby

Jan 26, 2011, 5:47:36 AM1/26/11
to reviewboard
Hi Christian,

I get the following information returned (using SilkSVN):

Repository Root: http://tfs2010:8081
Repository UUID: 6999ed95-b81c-411e-912e-8b8ee48a20fa
Revision: 39
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: unknown
Last Changed Rev: 39
Last Changed Date: 2011-01-25 16:34:26 +0000 (Tue, 25 Jan 2011)

Cheers, Ian.

On Jan 26, 9:03 am, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> For Subversion repositories, we attempt to query the information on the
> remote server for UUID comparisons. It sounds like this is what's failing.
> I'm guessing your SVNBridge doesn't implement the call we need, or we assume
> some info is returned that doesn't actually exist there.
>
> What happens if you do 'svn info' on the repository path for your SVNBridge?
> Does that fail? If not, what fields do you see?
>
> Christian
>
> --
> VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
> > groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>
> > > --

> > --
> >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Christian Hammond

Jan 26, 2011, 5:09:49 PM1/26/11
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so that works. Perhaps it's a failure elsewhere.

How comfortable are you with Python code? We'd need to add some logging to find out exactly what the failure is.

Specifically, in reviewboard/webapi/json.py:repository_info, you want to change:

   except:
       return WebAPIResponseError(request, REPO_INFO_ERROR)

   except Exception, e:
       logging.debug("Error retrieving repository info: %s" % e)
       return WebAPIResponseError(request, REPO_INFO_ERROR)

And then reload your web server.

Christian