ERROR: Error validating diff

vijay

Aug 3, 2017, 3:39:33 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
Hi,

I am trying to post a review from my git server to review board after I committed changes to the local repository. But it is throwing an error.

ERROR: Error validating diff

error: unable to find #commit hash
fatal: git cat-file  #commit hash: bad file
 (HTTP 400, API Error 224)

What is the best way to solve this issue? Thank you

David Trowbridge

Aug 3, 2017, 3:47:24 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
How is the repository configured in the Review Board admin UI?

-David
--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

vijay

Aug 3, 2017, 3:56:40 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
I am not aware of that. I am just a user of review board. I do not have access to review board UI.

David Trowbridge

Aug 3, 2017, 4:02:31 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
Well, we may need to get your server administrator involved, but in the meantime, perhaps you could share what command you're running to post the change, and what your branch structure looks like regarding what's being posted vs. what's present in the remote repo?

-David

vijay

Aug 3, 2017, 4:04:31 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
I am using "rbt post" to post the change.

David Trowbridge

Aug 3, 2017, 4:16:42 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
With no arguments? What do your local branches look like? Do you have a global or repository-local .reviewboardrc file? If so, what's in that?

vijay

Aug 3, 2017, 10:17:48 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
Ya, without any arguments.
I have .reviewboard file in the local repository. It has
REVIEWBOARD_URL = "http://reviewboard.company.com"
REPOSITORY = "repo name"

David Trowbridge

Aug 3, 2017, 10:21:43 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
At this point it seems likely that the issue is with the repository as configured on the server, where you'll have to talk to your administrator. It looks like it's using a local clone method, and that clone is out of date compared to your remote.

vijay

Aug 3, 2017, 10:26:25 PM8/3/17
to reviewboard
It is working absolutely fine with other repositories. I have issues with only one particular repository.