Re: Help needed: setup Review Board to work together with Perforce

537 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Christian Hammond

da leggere,
15 gen 2013, 01:20:3615/01/13
a revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can certainly install your own Review Board server and connect to Perforce. You'll need to provide your P4PORT as the repository path when configuring the repository on your server.

On a typical Linux setup, you should be able to install the necessary Perforce support by doing:

    sudo easy_install P4PythonInstaller

and then also putting p4 (command line client) in the path where Apache can reach it.

To use your own server when posting a diff, you can still run post-review as normal, but pass --server=http://yourserver/

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM, <xiuru...@163.com> wrote:
hi All,
Our organization is using Perforce for version control, the P4 server is located a remote site and out of my control.
Now I just want to try Review Board at my local site, to work togehter with P4 client for code review, the PC to install RB server is running Ubuntu 10.04.4.
I got below questions:
1) is it possible to deploy a RB server a my local site and connnect with the remote P4 server? any change needed on the P4 server?
2) I am following the guideline at http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/admin/installation/linux/ to do the installation of RB on my Linuxe server, however, I am not clear about what P4 component need to be installed on RB server, as required in below section, there are a lot of P4 components at http://www.perforce.com/downloads/complete_list, such as P4D, P4V, P4 command line client, etc.
"

Perforce

To use Review Board with Perforce, you’ll first need to install p4 some place in your web server’s path (usually /usr/bin). You can download this from the Perforce downloads page.

You’ll then need to install the Python bindings by typing the following:

$ easy_install P4PythonInstaller
"
3) What change need to be made on the user's Windows XP PC? which is using P4V / P4Win to access source code files.

--
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

Christian Hammond

da leggere,
15 gen 2013, 14:26:5815/01/13
a revie...@googlegroups.com, revie...@googlegroups.com
It looks like an error, but it's not.

P4PythonInstaller is a bootstrap package. It installs other packages, but isn't itself installed. That error is complaining about that, but if you got that far, the real Perforce package should have been successfully installed.

Christian

On Jan 14, 2013, at 23:50, xiuru...@163.com wrote:

hi Christian,
Now I meet new issue in run "easy_install P4PythonInstaller", error log pasted at below:
"
running install_egg_info
Removing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/p4python-2012.2.549493.egg-info
Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/p4python-2012.2.549493.egg-info
No eggs found in /tmp/easy_install-FoFB6m/P4PythonInstaller/egg-dist-tmp-GxWZ8_(setup script problem?)
"
I have no idea about it, and searched the mail group, also no finding, thanks.
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi