Review Board 7 has been released!

Christian Hammond

Jun 6, 2024, 7:16:23 AMJun 6
to revie...@googlegroups.com, reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

We've just released Review Board 7. This is a major release featuring some long-requested features, including:

🌓 Dark Mode and Light Mode themes
🌃 Image review in the diff viewer
📱 Mobile diff review
💬 Microsoft Teams support

Dark Mode is still in beta. You can opt into it through My Account -> Appearance. There, you can also set Review Board to match your system's theme.

Image Review in the Diff Viewer lets you review bitmap and SVG images that are part of your commits. You can even view the changes made between two images using Two-Up (side-by-side), Color Difference, Split Screen, or Transparency Onion Skin views.

The Diff Viewer's been updated to work better on smaller screen sizes. It's easier than ever to review changes on your phone while on the go.

We've also polished more of the UI, improved performance, and fixed a large number of bugs.

But that's not all! We've also released RBTools 5 and Review Bot 4.

RBTools 5 supports:

☁️ Uploading images and other binary files from your commits for review
🔑 Web-based login (useful for Single Sign-On)
🏃‍♀️ Faster performance when talking to Review Board

Review Bot 4 is a smaller release bringing compatibility with Review Board 7, and supporting the latest version of PMD.

The highlights, pretty screenshots, and links to all the release notes can be found here:

Review Board 7 is an easy upgrade from Review Board 5 or 6. Just make sure you're running Python 3.8 or higher, and you should be set (but please test with a staging server and database first!).

If you need assistance with anything on your server, please reach out about support options.

And as a reminder, we have a new Discord server, if you want to chat with other Review Board users, the developers, or just socialize with other people in tech.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag