HTTP 500 after clean install

Michal Kochman

Oct 17, 2022, 11:49:31 AM10/17/22
to Review Board Community
Hi,
hope i have not missed this answered somewhere and not creating any spam

I have followed the instalation guide (https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/5.0/admin/installation/linux/) using postgreSQL databaze and git. If in doubt when istalling I went for the default possibility.

I have set the permissions, succesfully started apache2 (needing to rename the symlink to 001-rewieboard.conf and 002-default.conf, simply deleting default lead to some errors in apache configuration and I was unable to restart it).

I have (honestly, without knowing what am I doing) allowed ALLOWED_HOSTS= ["*"] and per answer from SO (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27093746/django-stops-working-with-runtimeerror-populate-isnt-reentrant) replaced the raise with ```self.app_configs = {}``` in django/apps/registry.py.

I can acces the RB server, but far too often - and randomly - I get HTTP 500. Where should I look to fix this?

Thanks
Michal
apacheError.log
reviewboard.log

Laurent Marechal

Oct 17, 2022, 11:57:44 AM10/17/22
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Had a similar issue, it worked then fail until I restart Apache, then worked for s while and failed again...

Check the Apache log for wsgi error.
In my case I used the generated wsgi and it was fine as long as there was only one python version installed. We moved to python 39 and it started.

I had to add (if I remember right) WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
To the config to fix it.

Laurent

--
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack: https://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/

David Trowbridge

Oct 17, 2022, 12:01:04 PM10/17/22
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From the reviewboard.log file, it looks like your local memcached server is failing (perhaps intermittently)?

Regarding the populate error, This is something we've seen rarely with postgres, and Laurent's solution should be what you need. I'd recommend undoing anything else you got from stackoverflow.

David

Chanson Joy

Mar 15, 2023, 11:27:35 AM3/15/23
to Review Board Community
Identical issue, I have windows 10 with WSL2 Ubuntu, please help.

David Trowbridge

Mar 15, 2023, 11:31:29 AM3/15/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Got a note from someone having trouble posting to the google group with a potential solution:

I hit something similar on Debian Stable (11).  The default
/etc/memcached.conf included '-l 127.0.0.1' but not '-l ::1'.  The
attempted connection was made over ipv6 (normal behavior?) and failed.
Adding '-l ::1' fixed it.