New release: Review Board 6 Beta 1

Christian Hammond

Apr 4, 2023, 4:19:00 AM4/4/23
to revie...@googlegroups.com, reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We're happy to announce Review Board 6 beta 1 is here!

Review Board 6 focuses on improvements to the review workflow, offering:

  • A new, smarter draft banner that lets you see and manage all your drafts for a review request at once (whether new reviews, replies, or changes to a review request).
  • Ability to publish all pending drafts at once, in one e-mail.
  • A new guided menu for starting a new review, adding general comments, or filing a Ship It! review.

We'll be building upon this in upcoming betas, adding some new features to help with navigating and reviewing diffs.

Along with this, we have several new improvements for extension authors, and many internal improvements to help with performance, stability, and some future improvements we have planned.

Review Board 6 is a smaller release with a shorter release cycle. We plan to have a final 6.0 release in a few months. Going forward, we're aiming for more rapid, smaller releases than we've had in the past.

For more information and some screenshots of the new banner, see the official announcement.

The release notes contain the full list of changes, along with installation instructions if you want to test the beta. We also have Docker images of this release available.

You can also follow us on Reddit, Twitter, Mastodon, and Facebook to keep up on the latest or to report beta feedback.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag