Pencils Down Status Report

Eduardo Felipe

Aug 16, 2010, 5:20:59 PM8/16/10
to reviewbo...@googlegroups.com
Where I Am:

I've done roughly 70% of my project. I was supposed to implement three
features and only implemented two of them. The last one was remote
branch tracking, and it should be ready in time to merge everything
in.

So, here are my reviews:

http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/1702/
Add Add insert/replace/remove line count to DiffSet and FileDiff.
This was for Mike, and it is mostly done. Perhaps an interface tweak,
but that's all it should take.

http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/1701/
Enable detection of variable rename on Diff Viewer.
This is good and works pretty well.

http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/1737/
Post-commit workflow. Pretty rough.
There are a few limitations with this it:
* Updating a diff implies in posting the whole bundle again. In
incremental reviews only new content should be posted.
* The e-mail subsystem get's confused, as now multiple DiffSets can be
created during the creation of the initial review. So it only sends an
e-mail containing the info of the last patch in the bundle.
* The interface does not allow a way of interdiffs to be displayed,
though the code is working. This is purely a GUI issue, and will be
fixed soon.
But rejoice! It works! More bundle formats should be supported, like
mqueues and StGit, but the code is there.

http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/1712/
Correctly mark revision as UNKNOWN for mercurial mqueue patches:
This is necessary for a bunch of things, including porting bundle
uploads to Mercurial.

What's left:

A lot. But perhaps a little less as the week goes (I am actually of
vacation from my masters this week).

Cheers,

Eduardo Felipe.