Status reports and meeting minutes

David Trowbridge

May 15, 2011, 5:48:32 PM5/15/11
to reviewboard-gsoc
Hi everyone.

This summer, we'll be following a specific process for our weekly meetings. Each
week, one person will be responsible for collecting status reports before the
meeting and posting them on the blog. Another person will be responsible for
taking short notes of what happened in the meeting and posting that on the blog.

For the status reports, we'd like each person to split it into 3 sections:
Next steps: what you're planning to work on next
Roadblocks: any problems which are preventing you from accomplishing your next
steps.

For a good example of what this should look like when posted on the blog, check
out this post:

If you're responsible for collecting status reports, I suggest you send out an
email to the reviewboard-gsoc list asking for people's status on Friday of your
week.

Minutes should be a very simple bullet-point form, just quick notes so that
people can go back and remember what happened. For a good example of minutes,
check out this post:

Here's our schedule for the summer:
May 15: kick-off meeting
May 22: coding officially starts 5/24; Babak on status reports, Vlad on minutes
May 29: Vlad on status reports, Alexander on minutes
June 5: Alexander on status reports, Babak on minutes
June 12: Babak on status reports, Vlad on minutes
June 19: Vlad on status reports, Alexander on minutes
June 26: Alexander on status reports, Babak on minutes
July 3: Babak on status reports, Vlad on minutes
July 10: Vlad on status reports, Alexander on minutes
July 17: Alexander on status reports, Babak on minutes
July 24: Babak on status reports, Vlad on minutes
July 31: Vlad on status reports, Alexander on minutes
August 7: Alexander on status reports, Babak on minutes
August 14: pencils-down on 8/16; Babak on status reports, Vlad on minutes
August 21: post-mortem; Alexander on minutes

-David

Christian Hammond

May 15, 2011, 6:20:58 PM5/15/11
to reviewbo...@googlegroups.com
I've created a calendar to help track the meetings and responsibilities. The event descriptions for status reports and meetings contain David's list below of who's in charge of what.

You can add this to your calendar by adding:

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/60lvauofqgpnf9j24f0cbqcm1s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Or view it online at:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=60lvauofqgpnf9j24f0cbqcm1s%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

Christian