Pencils Down is rapidly approaching

Christian Hammond

Aug 15, 2010, 7:15:55 PM8/15/10
to reviewbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Pencils Down is coming up fast: August 16th, 17:00 UTC. You have less than a day left to get all the code you've written up for review somewhere. Don't worry if the code isn't yet in a complete state, or if it has bugs or missing functionality. At this point, the most important thing is to show by Pencils Down that you do have something up that we can look at.

I know some of you have expressed interest in continuing your work after Pencils Down. This is perfectly fine and we'd be more than happy to have you continue! It's important to know though that what gets sent to Google is what you have finished at Pencils Down. This is why it's critical that you post everything you have now. In time, you'll be asked to bundle up your code and post it on a Google Code repository that will be provided to you.

We'll be working on evaluations between tomorrow and the 20th. Our evaluations will consider many aspects of your work, including the progress you've made and the state of your project. We're not necessarily looking for everything to be completely finished. It's more important to see that you've actively worked toward finishing your goals.

Once you submit your code to Review Board, please also tag or branch your current progress in Git so that it'll be easier to reference it later, and post a status report to this list.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do get a hold of me. I'll be around today and tonight. I won't be available before Pencils Down tomorrow (it's morning here) so try to reach me tonight.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com