Re: Displaying content of binary files

Christian Hammond

Jul 3, 2020, 3:29:48 PM7/3/20
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Not at this time. Diffs have no standard support for binary files (we have plans in place to address this).

Even with the ability to diff binary files, you still need a way to interpret them.

You can upload arbitrary file attachments for any file type, and write a custom Review UI that knows how to render them, and even diff them. We do this for images today. This would be a combination of Python code and JavaScript. I can point you in the right direction on that if you’re curious.

Christian

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 10:05 Adrian Rutkowski <rut...@o2.pl> wrote:
Hi all ReviewBoard devs,

Is there any way to make diffs of binary files like ".uni" ?

Regards,
Adrian

--

---