Does Review Board 3.0.17 support LDAP-SSL integration?

Srinivas B.L.

Jun 18, 2020, 9:04:32 PM6/18/20
to Review Board Development
Does RB 3.0.17 support LDAP-SSL integration,
If yes could you please explain the configuration steps.

Srinivas B.L.

Jun 25, 2020, 5:30:36 PM6/25/20
to Review Board Development
Hi Christian ,

Any update on this?

Christian Hammond

Jul 3, 2020, 6:56:49 PM7/3/20
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Srinivas,

I'm sorry, I meant to get back to you a long time ago. I was trying to set things up to verify working LDAP-SSL support, and other things came up that took me away from that.

Basically, it should work, but you're probably going to hit issues with self-signed certificates. We don't have any support for that at the moment, and we'd need to add that in to make it work.

Otherwise, it should be a matter of specifying a ldaps:// URL and choosing "Use TLS for authentication" in the LDAP Authentication settings.

If you've tried that already, what problems did you run into?

Christian

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 2:30 PM Srinivas B.L. <luckyyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Christian ,

Any update on this?

--

---

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board

Stephen Gallagher

Jul 6, 2020, 9:21:28 AM7/6/20
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 6:56 PM Christian Hammond <chri...@beanbaginc.com> wrote:
Hi Srinivas,

I'm sorry, I meant to get back to you a long time ago. I was trying to set things up to verify working LDAP-SSL support, and other things came up that took me away from that.

Basically, it should work, but you're probably going to hit issues with self-signed certificates. We don't have any support for that at the moment, and we'd need to add that in to make it work.

Otherwise, it should be a matter of specifying a ldaps:// URL and choosing "Use TLS for authentication" in the LDAP Authentication settings.

If you've tried that already, what problems did you run into?

A useful workaround for self-signed certificates: https://github.com/sgallagher/sscg

It creates a certificate authority and the service certificate. You just need to import the CA certificate into your trust store (using whatever OS-specific mechanism is appropriate).