Re: Digest for reviewboard-dev@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Rashmi Sherawat

Feb 20, 2023, 6:40:29 AM2/20/23
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

We are not having any load balancer. I have installed Reviewboard5.0.2 on RHEL8 , do you think it could be RHEL 8 version, Is it supported with Reviewboard v5.0.2 ?
Also, I am just testing it, so I am the only user accessing correct hostname.
Do I need to do any other django setting in reviewboard.wsgi ?

import __main__
__main__.__requires__ = ['ReviewBoard']
import pkg_resources

import os

os.environ['REVIEWBOARD_SITEDIR'] = '/var/www/reviewboard'

from reviewboard.wsgi import application

On Sat, Feb 18, 2023 at 6:55 AM <reviewb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Rashmi Sherawat <rashmis...@gmail.com>: Feb 17 07:17PM +0530

Hi Christian,

Hostname is similar as used during installation. Alos, cookies are enabled.
As of now, I am running on 80 port, later on we will move it to https.
I tried giving ALLOWED_HOSTS and CSRF_TRUSTED_ORIGINS in settings_local.py
but it is also not solving this issue.
Sometimes, we get this error on our production system also but we able to
resolve by login through the command line like below and then it works
for us. /grid/common/pkgs/python/v2.7.2/bin/rbt status --username
<userid> --debug

Not sure If I am missing something in configuration somewhere.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 4:38 AM Christian Hammond <chri...@beanbaginc.com>
wrote:

--
Thanks and Regards
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi,

rbt status can't influence the CSRF support, so if CSRF is failing
intermittently, then there's a problem elsewhere.

I'd make sure that:

1. All users are accessing Review Board through one
official fully-qualified hostname. So, reviewboard.example.com, not just
'reviewboard', or 'reviewboard-staging.example.com' or an IP address (all
examples).
2. The hostname shown in Admin UI -> General Settings matches what people
are accessing.
3. If HTTPS is at all an option, it needs to be the only option. HTTP
should redirect.
4. If you're behind a load balancer with multiple Review Board servers,
make sure that each Review Board server is accessing the same memcached
server, same database server, and are configured with the same
ALLOWED_HOSTS setting.
5. Again, if behind a load balancer, make sure that it's forwarding the IP
addresses correctly (it should fill out a X-Forwarded-For header, and/or
X-Real-IP header).

Christian

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 5:48 AM Rashmi Sherawat <rashmis...@gmail.com>
wrote: