Extension questions

Björn

Jun 20, 2023, 9:41:38 AM6/20/23
to Review Board Development
Hi!

In our commit messages we often use specific tags that correspond to issues on a custom issue tracker platform. What I ideally want to achieve is to insert a link into the description or summary of a review request (if such a specific issue tag is found in the description/summary). If that is not possible, I already created an extension that adds a custom field which contains the generated link from the issue tag in the description/summary, but this shows at the bottom of the "main" fields - is it possible to change the order of those fields, i.e. move my custom field above/below the Summary field?
Thanks in advance!

Christian Hammond

Jun 23, 2023, 5:30:38 PM6/23/23
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Björn,

We unfortunately don't have an official way to order fields. Technically you can do it by modifying some internal state: The field_classes list on the fieldset you're registering in. Or, to order fieldsets, to the _key_order list in the fieldset registry (reviewboard.reviews.fields.fieldset_registry). Untested, but if you want to try messing with that, you can. We probably should add something for reordering or adding into a position.

If you want to just modify the description instead of the fields/fieldsets, there are some signals available, but maybe not an ideal one depending on when you want to modify the description. We've been discussing adding extension capabilities for better description modification when bringing in commits.

Can you let me know what source code management solution you're using? There are some differences in how we bring in initial descriptions based on those.

Christian

--

---

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board

Björn

Jun 24, 2023, 1:14:31 AM6/24/23
to Review Board Development
Hi Christian,

first of all thanks for your answer, I appreciate your help!
I'll have a look at the field_classes and _key_order. We are using SVN for source code management.

Björn