Power Pack 4 and RBTools 3, with HCL VersionVault, IBM ClearCase, Import/Export!

1 view

Christian Hammond

Mar 23, 2022, 3:17:01 AM3/23/22
to revie...@googlegroups.com, reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Very excited for today's releases. We've launched new major versions of Power Pack and RBTools with a few big features. The major one being support for both HCL VersionVault and IBM ClearCase.

Both VersionVault and ClearCase are fully supported through Power Pack. This replaces the (still remaining, but deprecated) ClearCase support in Review Board, bringing modern support for the products and adding features like multi-VOB repositories. Unlike the legacy community-driven implementation, we can now fully cover both products under support contracts as well.

We've also introduced database import/export. This allows you to split up your Review Board database into multiple servers, or merge history from multiple Review Board servers into one. Databases can also be converted to other types (for instance, you can convert MySQL to Postgres).

RBTools 3 also introduces new features for in-house integrations. All commands now provide JSON output, and the new `rbt review` command allows for automated review creation and management. There's also improvements for building custom commands and using the API.

I'm, again, personally excited about these releases. These features have been in development for a very long time. We've been working closely with HCL on VersionVault/ClearCase and have been working with customers to test the other new features.

We'd love hearing feedback, so let us know if you get something out of these new features!

Next up is Review Bot 3. Stay tuned.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond