Enable SSL on Reviewboard giving Mixed Content Errors

Rashmi Sherawat

Sep 23, 2022, 1:24:02 AM9/23/22
to Review Board Development
Hi,

I am working on enabling SSL for reviewboard, and after doing all the configuration and enabling SSL certificate tags in apache-wsgi.conf, getting below error on my dashboard on user images. It seems like requesting 'http://' for the images.
Do I need to update anything at my end or Is SSL enabling supported in RB?

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://reviewboard-test.yyy.com/reviews/dashboard/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://reviewboard/reviews/media/uploaded/avatars/a/ak/username__51f71d47-2dbd-4c79-9557-c840fac7b918.jpg'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

David Trowbridge

Sep 23, 2022, 1:31:23 AM9/23/22
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You probably need to change the "Server" setting in /admin/settings/general/ to say https instead of http.

David

--

---

Rashmi Sherawat

Sep 27, 2022, 2:43:30 AM9/27/22
to Review Board Development
Thanks David for your response.
I tried with suggested settings but image is still coming broken, now getting the below error:

Status Code:
403 Forbidden

Christian Hammond

Sep 27, 2022, 5:31:49 PM9/27/22
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rashmi,

That looks like a filesystem permission error. If the web server can't access files in the directory configured for that path (either due to bad filesystem permissions or missing SELinux configuration), then you can get that.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag