Review Board 4.0.6, Python 3.6.8, pip 21.3.1

otokota

Jun 14, 2022, 4:33:14 AM6/14/22
to Review Board Development
Hello everyone.

When I add repository for Subversion type, the following error comes up.
「The Python module "subvertpy" is not installed. You may need to restart the server after installing it.」
 error.png

But I have already installed subvertpy as follow.
# pip list | grep subvertpy
subvertpy 0.11.0

Let me know how to fix the error.
I am more than happy to  provide  you with more details, if necessary.

Best regards.

Christian Hammond

Jun 14, 2022, 4:39:02 AM6/14/22
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That error usually indicates that subvertpy isn't installed in the same environment that Review Board is in. However, this isn't the only possibility, as we've seen some other issues with subvertpy lately that might affect this.

Can you show me the full results of:

$ rb-site --version
$ pip --version
$ pip show subvertpy

If the problem ends up being subvertpy, we actually find that people usually have more luck with PySVN. This offers much greater Subversion compatibility, though it cannot be installed via pip. We offer an installer that can help, though, which you can run using:

    curl https://pysvn.reviewboard.org | python3.6

This will require some development packages to be installed on the server, but the installer should let you know what you most likely need to run to get those.

Christian

--

---

Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag
Makers of Review Board

otokota

Jun 14, 2022, 5:10:52 AM6/14/22
to Review Board Development
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I show you full result of the above command.
# rb-site --version
Review Board/rb-site 4.0.6
Python 3.6.8 (default, Jun 13 2022, 10:32:37)
Installed to /usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages/reviewboard

# pip --version
pip 21.3.1 from /usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip (python 3.6)

# pip show subvertpy
Name: subvertpy
Version: 0.11.0
Author: Jelmer Vernooij
Author-email: jel...@jelmer.uk
License: LGPLv2.1 or later
Location: /usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages
Requires:
Required-by:

2022年6月14日火曜日 17:39:02 UTC+9 Christian Hammond:

Christian Hammond

Jun 14, 2022, 5:27:55 AM6/14/22
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Looks correct.

My recommendation then would be to give PySVN a try instead (and it's the better long-term solution anyway).

You may also want to check the reviewboard.log file (make sure that logging is enabled in the Admin UI -> Logging settings) and the Apache error_log (or equivalent, if not using Apache) to see if there's any indication as to why subvertpy is failing to load.

Another thing you can try is:

$ rb-site manage /path/to/sitedir shell
import subvertpy

(The /path/to/sitedir is the path to the directory you specified when doing 'rb-site install'.)

If that imports without an error, then the issue is limited to the web server's environment. Otherwise, the error may help show what's going wrong.

Christian

otokota

Jun 14, 2022, 6:18:39 AM6/14/22
to Review Board Development
Thank you for your advice.

I tried ' rb-site manage /path/to/sitedir shell'.
=======================================
# rb-site manage /usr/share/reviewboard shell

Python 3.6.8 (default, Jun 13 2022, 10:32:37)
[GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-44)] on linux
(InteractiveConsole)
>>> import subvertpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages/subvertpy/__init__.py", line 127, in <module>
    from subvertpy import client, _ra, repos, wc
ImportError: /usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages/subvertpy/client.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: svn_client_proplist4

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages/subvertpy/__init__.py", line 134, in <module>
    raise ImportError("Unable to load subvertpy extensions: %s" % e)
ImportError: Unable to load subvertpy extensions: /usr/share/.pyenv/versions/3.6.8/lib/python3.6/site-packages/subvertpy/client.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: svn_client_proplist4

ImportError occurred.
If I can't fix this ImportError,  I'll try your recommendation (pysvn).
2022年6月14日火曜日 18:27:55 UTC+9 Christian Hammond:

Christian Hammond

Jun 14, 2022, 6:20:36 AM6/14/22
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Yep, looks like subvertpy is incompatible with the version of Subversion on your system.

The PySVN installer will compile a version of PySVN specifically built for your Subversion libraries. So long as the right packages are installed, it should take care of building and installing a Python package that will work for you.

Christian

otokota

Jun 14, 2022, 9:42:13 PM6/14/22
to Review Board Development
Using  PySVN installer , then It worked well.
Thank you for your support.

2022年6月14日火曜日 19:20:36 UTC+9 Christian Hammond:

Christian Hammond

Jun 14, 2022, 10:51:39 PM6/14/22
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Glad it works! And happy to help :)

If you'd like to discuss on-going support for the server, we have some support options that I can discuss with you. We can provide 24/7 assistance for emergencies, expedite fixes for any issues you hit, help with any in-house tooling, and pretty much anything else you need. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail directly if you'd like to know more and I can discuss that in detail with you.

Christian