New release: Review Board 4.0.5

Christian Hammond

Feb 8, 2022, 6:35:38 PM2/8/22
to revie...@googlegroups.com, reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We (finally!) released Review Board 4.0.5 earlier today. Highlights include:

  • Experimental Diff ACLs (custom extension-provided diff access policies)
  • Experimental support for our proposed DiffX file format standard
  • Better Active Directory TLS support
  • Compatibility fixes for Python 2.7 and 3.10, mysqlclient 2.1+, and Markdown rendering on Python 3
  • New behind-the-scenes improvements for repository access and diff metadata storage, which may be useful to SCM authors

For more info, see the announcement:

And the release notes:

This has been a long-delayed release. Diff ACLs, DiffX support, and some other in-progress features have been under development and testing with a couple beta partners for the past several months.

Ultimately, we decided to move some of this to the upcoming 5.0 release, which we'll be talking more about shortly. Follow us on Twitter for some updates as we get closer to beta:

Thanks for your patience on this release. Let us know if you hit any problems with 4.0.5.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag