Need integration with Cliosoft.

Андрей Диденко

Jul 3, 2020, 10:35:16 AM7/3/20
to Review Board Development
Need integration with Cliosoft. Is it possible to make custom solution here?

Christian Hammond

Jul 3, 2020, 3:26:30 PM7/3/20
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We don’t have support today. I’m not very familiar with their product line, or their integration options.

We’re not in a position right now to be able to add support. However, Review Board is extensible, so it’s possible to write your own, if their API or command line tools are sufficient. I can go into that further if that’s something you want to explore.

Christian

--

---
Christian Hammond

Андрей Диденко

Jul 9, 2020, 12:29:10 AM7/9/20
to Review Board Development
Hi Christian,

Thank you. I'm definitely want to explore this. We're interested in support, cause now we have no solution for code review.
I can send you command line description. Will it help?

-Andrey

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 07:35 Андрей Диденко <andrey....@gmail.com> wrote:
Need integration with Cliosoft. Is it possible to make custom solution here?

--

---

Андрей Диденко

Christian Hammond

Jul 23, 2020, 5:11:32 PM7/23/20
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey,

It might be doable, but it's not something that we ourselves can take on for the next few months. I can guide you toward building your own support, and we might be able to take it over down the road, but we're in the middle of a couple major concurrent releases right now.

Christian

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reviewboard-dev/b793653d-e39c-4e46-9b6a-31285d759a8do%40googlegroups.com.

Prashant Joshi

Jan 18, 2021, 10:05:31 PM1/18/21
to Review Board Development
Hi Christian,

I am interested in building our own support. Could you let me know the guide/steps to follow?

Regards,
Prashant

Christian Hammond

Jan 20, 2021, 4:17:13 PM1/20/21
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prashant,

This will require creating a Review Board extension, which is done in Python. You'll need some familiarity with Python development and creating packages. We have a basic guide for extension setup here:

Attributes:
* scmtool_id
* name
* diffs_use_absolute_paths

Methods:
* get_file
* file_exists
* parse_diff_revision
* get_repository_info
* get_parser

Depending on the diff format, you'll need to implement a diff parser that extracts revision and filename information for each file. This information must be enough to look up a file from the repository remotely. If the native diff format does not contain this information, a custom diff format and diff generation tool must be created to do it. We are working on a new standard for extensible diffs that would make this easy, but we don't have tooling for it yet.

You can see the other implementations in https://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard/tree/release-3.0.x/reviewboard/scmtools for reference and inspiration.

Christian

Satyajit Nag Chowdhury

May 18, 2021, 8:44:53 PM5/18/21
to Review Board Development
Hello,

I was searching for review board integration with Cliosoft and came upon this thread. Has any progress been made in this matter? It is surprising that reviewboard supports all major version control tools except Cliosoft which is widely used for SOC development in the silicon valley.

Let me know if something is available which we can start from.

Thanks
Satya

Christian Hammond

May 20, 2021, 9:30:14 PM5/20/21
to reviewb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satya,

I'm sorry, there's no support today. This thread contains the only requests we've had for it so far. It's on our radar as a possibility for the future, but not on any immediate roadmaps. When we looked, we didn't see any clear information on how we'd integrate with their products.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you'd be looking for in Cliosoft support?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond
President/CEO of Beanbag

Satyajit Nag Chowdhury

May 24, 2021, 1:21:08 PM5/24/21
to Review Board Development
Hi Christian,

Today we use reviewboard with SVN. We want to deploy the same working model with SOS.
1. engineer prepares an SVN diff of the local changes
2. engineer creates a new reviewboard request and inputs two things - the diff file and the path to the file in the SVN server
3. once we receive two ship its in reviewboard, engineer checks in the file into SVN and mentions the http link to the reviewboard in the Log comment.

I guess we need two things then in order to do the same with SOS
1. reviewboard should understand a SOS diff file syntax (otherwise we have to write our internal script to convert a SOS diff file to a SVN diff file)
2. reviewboard should be able to point to the file in SOS database if the path is given.

Thanks
Satyajit