How to transfer intel hex files using SCM 1.3

Sam Sawyer

Jun 18, 2024, 3:23:01 PMJun 18
to retro-comp
This may sound like a dumb question, but it seems there is no SCM 1.3 command to start a hex file transfer over the serial console.

Are you just supposed copy and past the hex file contents into the monitor ?
Hex file transfer is referenced in the user guide but not specifically how to do it.

Mark Durham

Jun 18, 2024, 5:35:45 PMJun 18
to retro-comp
I believe that SCM auto detects an Intel hex file and loads it into memory without you having to issue a specific command. I should know for sure having just been using SCM a few days ago but it's a bit of a blur!!

Phil G

Jun 19, 2024, 9:54:12 AMJun 19
to retro-comp
Yep if it sees a : from the console SCM assumes a hexfile is coming...

Greg Holdren

Jun 19, 2024, 1:03:26 PMJun 19
to retro-comp
See if your terminal that you are using supports sending text file out. i.e. teraterm is what I use and I do File->Send File. This will open and send the hex file as you are typing it. No protocol. If there are issues then adjust the char or line delay. Try line delay first as adjusting char delay will slow down the transfer greatly.

Greg

Sam Sawyer

Jun 20, 2024, 11:38:00 AMJun 20
to retro-comp
Thanks Greg. I am using tera term and it does have send file which is sending an ASCII encoded file and that works now that I know there is not explicit command is required on the monitor side.