Turbo Pascal on SC126

Mike Strange

Dec 29, 2021, 5:07:48 PM12/29/21
to retro-comp
I wonder if any member has been successful in running Turbo Pascal 3.01 on an SC126 and, if so, did it need any fixes?

For me the program starts well enough until the menu of options are displayed; the first two letters of each word are deleted.  When a new file name is entered the prompt line appears and a random line of characters are displayed.

Regards,
Mike

Karl Albert Brokstad

Dec 29, 2021, 5:46:43 PM12/29/21
to retro-comp
Turbo Pascal is running fine on the SC126
You need to run Turbo installer and change the video setup to match your terminal.
Message has been deleted

MogensB

Dec 30, 2021, 2:31:30 PM12/30/21
to retro-comp
Make sure you have run TINST.COM first, selecting an ANSI terminal - if your TURBO.COM is not configured for the ANSI terminal, the screen layout is totally messed up. I can confirm that Turbo Pascal 3.01 runs fine in the SC126.

And one more thing - I found that the highlight ON/OFF terminal codes were swapped in my installation, so when I quit Turbo Pascal, the terminal was left in a highlighted mode.

In the ANSI terminal I have now set:

START HIGHLIGHTING command:   <ESC> [ 0 m   (27 91 48 109)
END HIGHLIGHTING command:     <ESC> [ 1 m   (27 91 49 109)

This seems to work better for me.

Mike Strange

Dec 30, 2021, 5:06:37 PM12/30/21
to retro-comp
Thanks both, you are correct I totally forgot about setting up!  Yes surprisingly VT100, which is what Teraterm is set for, resulted in an error when loading a file as the Work File. Instead of loading ,the first line was displayed, the cursor went to the top of the Edit window and the screen was not cleared.  Changing to the ANSI setting all seems to be working fine except for all the text, not just highlights becoming yellow.

Now to learn all 45 of the editing control keys!
Mike