New version of Martin Eberhard's XMODEM - version 2.9

Tony Nicholson

Nov 15, 2021, 4:01:08 PM11/15/21
to retro-comp
I thought I'd relay this here too (it was posted to the comp.os.cpm USENET newsgroup earlier today) -

Martin Eberhard has just released version 2.9 of his Xmodem file transfer program for CP/M.

"This is a minor tweak on version 2.8: the receiver is now flushed of any garbage characters before receiving a file. (Previous versions would get hung up due to leftover characters in the UART's buffers if you had aborted a file transfer before trying to transfer a new file).

You can find the new version in my directory that's hosted on Mike Douglas's website, here:

https://deramp.com/downloads/mfe_archive/005-Documentation%2 0and%20Code%20by%20Martin/010%20Code%20by%20Martin/CPM%20Cod e/XMODEM/

There's also a handy little program for confirming the functionality of your serial link, called XMTERM, here:

https://deramp.com/downloads/mfe_archive/005-Documentation%2 0and%20Code%20by%20Martin/010%20Code%20by%20Martin/CPM%20Cod e/XMTERM/

XMTERM is a simple terminal program that uses the same configuration file (XMODEM.CFG) as does the Xmodem program, so it tests the serial link as well as the config file setup.

Cheers,
Martin"

Tony