Introducing Regulus - Your CP/M 2 and MP/M II alchemical workstation!

124 views
Skip to first unread message

Talos Thoren

unread,
Sep 13, 2026, 6:29:31 PMSep 13
to retro-comp
Howdy y'all!

I've been working on a new, forth-like language that can completely replace the CCP with a forth repl and serve as a complete operating ecosystem. It can generate .COM files built with the language itself, and is completely self-documenting and extensible.

It avoids a lot of the pitfalls of previous forth languages and makes CP/M 2 development effortless. It can call out to CP/M tools directly, loading your existing programs without leaving the repl.

Take a look, I'm very proud of the results:

https://urania.magesguild.io/pieces/14_the_radiant_crucible.html

Go and break it, then report back y'all!

Sincerely,
David Hayden
The Magus Gaius Mycelius, Jocundus
Mage's Guild Psychonautics | Basin Game Studios

j.kno...@btinternet.com

unread,
Sep 22, 2026, 12:49:41 PMSep 22
to retro-comp
Very interesting and works well, ideal for writing code snippets for hardware testing.  However without ASM and BIOS words it is 
of very limited use to myself. Will watch developments with interest.
John Knott 

Talos Thoren

unread,
Sep 22, 2026, 1:53:55 PMSep 22
to j.kno...@btinternet.com, retro-comp
Thank you for the feedback, this is exactly the kind of thing I need to know.

BIOS words are appropriate but I probably should rely on the RUN word to call external ASM tools to keep the size down.

However, I may need better file handling systems to make that work well.

Next month I'll work on some new releases.

Thanks!!!

Sincerely,

David Hayden



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "retro-comp" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/retro-comp/Xz0fLTipaek/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to retro-comp+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/retro-comp/76688896-b6d9-4fd8-a041-34db83bbd8d8n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages