Graphics Demo's

Steve Crompton

Oct 26, 2022, 9:42:53 AM10/26/22
to retro-comp
Hi,

I am looking for some cool graphics demos (written in basic preferably) that I can easily port to test my single board computer VGA resolution screen output

Anyone?

Steve

Phillip Stevens

Oct 30, 2022, 6:28:27 AM10/30/22
to retro-comp
Hi Steve,

There's quite a few different examples of graphics in the z88dk graphics examples directory.
Some are SMS, or ZX graphics only. Some are for portable graphics of various types 2D, 3D, turtle graphics, etc.
I've built a few at different times for the Z88 emulator and ZX / ZXN machines, and they're pretty good.

In the newlib examples directory there are many ZX and SMS games.
But that's probably not going to be too useful as SMS is quite specific in its banking etc.
IDK how it works.

Also z88dk-ext (external programs used as examples) has a graphics directory.
Again mainly ZX related, but they might work for you too.

Hope that helps.
Phillip