Does anyone recognize this assembler format for TMS7000?

Andrew Lynch

May 24, 2024, 5:46:05 PMMay 24
to Retro-comp
Hi
I am trying to assemble the CTS256 firmware source code which is in a format I do not recognize.  Does anyone know what tool is used to assemble this source code?

I did some searches on GmEsoft TMS7000 and the like but no useful results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Andrew Lynch

Dirk Prins

May 29, 2024, 10:25:38 AMMay 29
to retro-comp
Looks like a custom format from the author of the disassembler (GmEsoft), you should ask him ;-).
Unfortunately he doesn't provide an assembler or source code for the disassembler.
You could try to assemble it with AS (http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/)
However it will take some adjusting, it doesn't know  the AORG and BYTE directive:

Screen.png

Best regards,
Dirk.

Andrew Lynch

May 29, 2024, 1:29:31 PMMay 29
to retro-comp, Dirk Prins
Hi
The TI TMS7000 data manual has this assembler format.  I think it is unique to TI.  Fortunately someone converted it from TI to regular Macro Assembler format and now I can assemble using AS as you mention.

Thanks, Andrew Lynch