CPLD Trainer with 6502, Z80, and more

Bill Shen

Jun 4, 2022, 11:58:47 PM6/4/22
to retro-comp
I have designed a CPLD trainer with 6502 as the CPU and posted a number of lessons on 6502.org.  A revised version of the CPLD trainer can accommodate 6502, Z80, or an uncommitted 40-pin 600-mil DIP.  ROMWBW has been ported to the Z80 implementation of the trainer.  The uncommitted DIP can be 8085, 6809 or other CPU but signals must be manually wired.  Ultimately I like to accommodate up to 5 retro processors on one trainer board.  Homepage for the trainer is here.
  Bill

CPLD Trainer for Z80 6502 and generic CPU.jpg

Jacob Krall

Jun 5, 2022, 10:13:18 PM6/5/22
to retro-comp
This looks very clean, Bill. What's the best way to get started– do you have a kit for sale, or should I take the art to a PCB house and put together a components order?

Bill Shen

Jun 5, 2022, 11:44:01 PM6/5/22
to retro-comp
I don't have a kit to sell but if you are in USA, I can send you a bare pc board free.  PM me your address.
  Bill

Jacob Krall

Jun 6, 2022, 12:00:01 AM6/6/22
to retro-comp
DMed, thank you. I'm going to try it out with either the i8085 I have coming in the mail this week, or maybe an RCA COSMAC 1802 from the parts bin!