ECB Dual SD Card RomWBW config

Darren Allen

Nov 9, 2021, 4:43:42 AM11/9/21
to retro-comp

Hello All

Question re setup for Dual SD Card in RomWBW

Setup is SBC V2-004 and Dual SD Card.

 Made custom Romwbw file with

SDENABLE .SET TRUE

SDMODE .SET SDMODE_DSD

This works fine however only my SD0 is detected and works. The second sd slot (SD1) is not detected.

I know the card works as I also have a setup with SBC-188 V3 and the Dual SD Card.

Both SD0 and SD1 are detected and work.

Am I missing another setting to tell Romwbw it has 2 sd slots on the one card.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.55.36 pm.png

cheers

Darren

Douglas Miller

Nov 9, 2021, 7:43:15 AM11/9/21
to retro-comp
I'm sure Wayne will jump in here soon, with the right answer. But there is a variable "SDCNT" that determines the number of SD slots to probe. It could be as simple as that being set to "1" instead of "2".

Wayne Warthen

Nov 9, 2021, 2:58:55 PM11/9/21
to retro-comp
Just confirming that Douglas is right about setting the SDCNT config variable.  However, you want to change the SDCNT setting to be 2.  The following line in your config file should do it:

SDCNT .EQU 1

Let me know if you have any further problems.  The ECB Dual SD is a great board and both slots are supported by RomWBW.

Thanks,

Wayne

Douglas Miller

Nov 9, 2021, 5:25:52 PM11/9/21
to retro-comp
Right, I was speaking backward jibberish... suggesting that the problem was that SDCNT is set to "1" when it should be set to "2". Thanks for clarifying. That'll teach me to respond before my morning caffeine.

Darren Allen

Nov 9, 2021, 9:47:24 PM11/9/21
to retro-comp
Thank you Douglas and Wayne

So I have just given this a go.

SDCNT .EQU 1 ; SD: NUMBER OF SD CARD DEVICES (1-2), FOR DSD & SC ONLY

I can only find this line in the cfg-sbc.asm I have changed it to

SDCNT .EQU 2 ; SD: NUMBER OF SD CARD DEVICES (1-2), FOR DSD & SC ONLY

compiling gives me the following error.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.06.34 pm.png

So do I need to change stuff in the sd.asm file as well?

thanks for your help and patience :)

cheers

Darren

Wayne Warthen

Nov 9, 2021, 10:15:37 PM11/9/21
to retro-comp
On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 6:47:24 PM UTC-8 Darren Allen wrote:
Thank you Douglas and Wayne

So I have just given this a go.

SDCNT .EQU 1 ; SD: NUMBER OF SD CARD DEVICES (1-2), FOR DSD & SC ONLY

I can only find this line in the cfg-sbc.asm I have changed it to

SDCNT .EQU 2 ; SD: NUMBER OF SD CARD DEVICES (1-2), FOR DSD & SC ONLY

compiling gives me the following error.

So do I need to change stuff in the sd.asm file as well?

That is surprising.  You should not need to change anything in the sd.asm file.  Let me try to recreate this.  I will post back shortly.

-Wayne

Wayne Warthen

Nov 9, 2021, 11:47:51 PM11/9/21
to retro-comp
On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 7:15:37 PM UTC-8 Wayne Warthen wrote:
That is surprising.  You should not need to change anything in the sd.asm file.  Let me try to recreate this.  I will post back shortly.

Yup, I introduced a code issue when I added support for a different SD Card interface a while ago.  It was a bit subtle and only really affected the Dual SD board when both cards are being supported.  I'm actually glad there was an assembly error because it highlighted the logic issue.

I have checked in the fix in the dev branch on GitHub.  The fixed code is working on my Dual SD board, so I think it is good.  At your convenience, can you give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Thanks,

Wayne

Darren Allen

Nov 10, 2021, 5:02:43 AM11/10/21