TMS7001 simple schematic

Andrew Lynch

Apr 4, 2024, 6:05:21 PMApr 4
to Retro-comp
Hi
Does anyone have a simple TMS7001 schematic example?  I have searched online several times and only found a couple examples.  One in the TMS7000 databook and another for an exercise machine counter.

I am looking for something very basic to compare and check my assumptions.

Any help greatly appreciated!  Thanks

horus falcon

Apr 4, 2024, 7:47:42 PMApr 4
to retro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Andrew,

There's a rather poor quality data booklet (ten pages) that has some very basic applications for the TMS7000:  https://www.scribd.com/document/631862003/TMS7000
It is viewable without logging in.

Later On,
David

Andrew Lynch

Apr 7, 2024, 11:23:25 AMApr 7
to retro...@googlegroups.com, horus falcon
Hi
Here is the only example of TMS7001 schematic I can find other than what are in the TMS7000 datasheet.  This schematic is pretty hard to read but you can make out it is a TMS7001 plus and external 2716 (TMS2516) 2KB EPROM plus circuitry to support LED displays and analog input.

Pretty rough though.  I've seen worse but this would be difficult to recapture the design if one had to.  Rather messy

Fred Jan Kraan

Jun 2, 2024, 11:51:13 AMJun 2
to retro-comp
I know the guy who designed the Multi-T and put it on hackaday. He recently got the original working again. The attached PDFs are my interpretation of the hackaday data, with some feedback. The source is somewhat checked, but formatted for the libasm cross assembler.
He helps me creating a TMS70C02 based SBC (dual PCB actually with HEX display/keyboard). The serial port is already working, based on https://sites.google.com/site/ericmklaus/projects-1/tms70c02-sbc-project.

Greetings,
Fred Jan Kraan
MULTI_T_source.zip
multi-T_cpu-mem.kicad_sch.pdf