Nick Brok

Jul 22, 2019, 12:57:05 AM7/22/19
to retro-comp
Hi,

I use the latest Z88DK but the given examples for CP/M doesn't work. It compiles, but i.e. ddir.c repeats displaying the first directory entry. This is not only in Scrumpel but also on Z80pack emulator.
Does someone know about this problem?

Greetings,

Nick

Phillip Stevens

Jul 22, 2019, 5:39:52 AM7/22/19
to retro-comp

Nick Brok wrote:
I use the latest Z88DK but the given examples for CP/M doesn't work.

Could you point to which examples are not working, please?
And how did you compile them?

 It compiles, but i.e. ddir.c repeats displaying the first directory entry.
This is not only in Scrumpel but also on Z80pack emulator.

If your terminal emulator is providing CR+LF, then the CP/M CCP baulks.
The symptom is that the inbuilt DIR command only returns one drive entry, even though many files are in drive.
Use a simple LF to terminate command lines. Could this be the problem?

Regards, Phillip

Nick Brok

Jul 22, 2019, 8:05:48 AM7/22/19
to retro-comp

Op maandag 22 juli 2019 11:39:52 UTC+2 schreef Phillip Stevens:

Nick Brok wrote:
I use the latest Z88DK but the given examples for CP/M doesn't work.

Could you point to which examples are not working, please?
ddir.c masterm.c
And how did you compile them?

With the makefile

 It compiles, but i.e. ddir.c repeats displaying the first directory entry.
This is not only in Scrumpel but also on Z80pack emulator.

It is about the ddir from z88dk not the internal dir command.
It appears also in z80pack cpmsim

If your terminal emulator is providing CR+LF, then the CP/M CCP baulks.
The symptom is that the inbuilt DIR command only returns one drive entry, even though many files are in drive.
Use a simple LF to terminate command lines. Could this be the problem?

Regards, Phillip

Normal cp/m commands works, but not the compiled ones compiled with z88dk

Phillip Stevens

Jul 22, 2019, 8:43:35 AM7/22/19
to retro-comp
Nick Brok wrote:
I use the latest Z88DK but the given examples for CP/M doesn't work.

Could you point to which examples are not working, please?
ddir.c

Yes, I've found ddir.c and confirmed it has the symptoms you refer to.
It gets stuck printing and repeating the first file in the directory.

Just by the way, it looks like this example hasn't been touched since 2011.
It is likely that something has broken it, because lots has happened in the past few years.

masterm.c

I couldn't find this file. Could you provide a link, please?

The right thing to do is to raise an issue on z88dk github.
Please provide as much information as you can about both files, and circumstances you're using them.

Cheers, Phillip

Phillip Stevens

Aug 5, 2019, 4:55:22 AM8/5/19
to retro-comp
Phillip Stevens wrote:
Nick Brok wrote:
I use the latest Z88DK but the given examples for CP/M doesn't work.

Could you point to which examples are not working, please?
ddir.c

Yes, I've found ddir.c and confirmed it has the symptoms you refer to.
It gets stuck printing and repeating the first file in the directory.

The right thing to do is to raise an issue on z88dk github.

So Stefano @zx70 has fixed the issue with DDIR.COM for us.
Works for me now, on very vanilla CP/M-IDE.
Should work across all machines now.

RC2014 CP/M-IDE
feilipu
2019