CUBE Library Tapes now available

Paul Kimpel

Jun 1, 2018, 2:12:08 PM6/1/18
to retro-B5500
Nigel and I are pleased to announce that the data from the CUBE Library tapes in the collection of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, is now publicly available from the B5500-software repository:

There are three tape images. Two are Library/Maintenance tapes. These comprise version 13 of the library from February 1972. The third is an older collection (although the tape itself was created in 1976) in CAST format, comprising the Burroughs Mathematical Library.

At the GitHub link above are image files for the tapes themselves, in both .tap (taput) and .bcd formats, plus the individual files in text file format. A README file describes the materials. I have also written a blog post describing the materials in somewhat more detail and describing how they were prepared for the repo:

You can examine the files on GitHub with any web browser, clone the repo using any Git or Subversion client, or download a zip archive of the entire repo from the repository's home page. The text files are stored with new-line delimiters, but Git clients should automatically convert those files to CR/LF delimiters for Windows hosts.

There is a tremendous amount of interesting material here. Enjoy.