Maximum B5500 disk configuration

Paul Kimpel

Oct 4, 2017, 5:10:36 PM10/4/17
to retro-B5500
I was corresponding with Rich Cornwell, who has written a SimH-based emulator for the B5500, and he asked what I thought was the maximum disk configuration ever delivered for a system. I have no idea, so I'm polling this forum.

I guess there are actually two questions here:
  1. What was the maximum installed configuration for a standalone (non-shared disk) system.
  2. What was the maximum installed configuration for a shared-disk system.

Does anyone have an answer to this? I'll also post to comp.sys.unisys.

Paul