Decoded B5500 Mark XIII tape image files now available

Paul Kimpel

May 28, 2017, 3:33:27 PM5/28/17
to retro-B5500
Responding to Richard Hamilton's request, I have placed a ZIP archive of files from the Mark XIII release tape images on my hosting site. These files contain the source and object code for the release, translated to standard ASCII Windows text files. The files have CR-LF delimiters. The file names do not have extensions.

The files in this archive are available under the same Unisys license as the tape images from which they were extracted. The ZIP archive can be downloaded from our hosting site in the same manner as the tape image files:

The files comprising the archive were extracted some time ago from the tape images using an HTLM/Javascript script, available from the project repo at:

This is a semi-manual process that requires copying and saving each file on the tape image individually, but it only had to be done once.

I have been intending to put this archive on the hosting site for some time, so thanks, Richard, for finally pushing me to do it.

Paul