introduction to COBOL programming for Burroughs B 5000?

Nigel Williams

Apr 6, 2019, 10:48:53 PM4/6/19
to retro-B5500
Does anyone know if we have ever found this document? I came across the front-cover again, and trawled through my documents and emails but I cannot find it.

Paul Kimpel

Dec 11, 2019, 1:03:56 PM12/11/19
to retro-B5500
No, I've never seen it. It's possible there's a copy in the Burroughs archives at CBI. The most likely place is CBI 90 (Burroughs Archives), Series 74 (Product Literature), Box 16. There are several folders in that box described as "COBOL" with dates 1961-1963, but you can't always tell from the folder titles exactly what's there. I was in that box this past October, and don't recall seeing it, but I wasn't looking for COBOL stuff, either.