Can provide information on B5700, early B6500 and Burroughs Pasadena Facility when it supported B5500, B6500 and early B1500 development

Bob McKenzie

Jan 10, 2019, 7:21:46 PM1/10/19
to retro-B5500
Just joined.  I started with Burroughs at the Pasadena plant ( the old Ellectro-Data site) in 1969 and worked for Burroughs to end of 1973 or so.  I think it was in late 1970 that Large Systems (B5500, B5700, B6500 and B6700) transferred to the City of Industry, a terrible place.  The B1500 - B1700 had already transferred to Santa Barbara by then.  Iwas project leader for the software on the B5700 and then was transferred to the B6700 to generalize the work I did on the B5700.  If I can be of any help for info let me know.

Nigel Williams

Jan 10, 2019, 8:15:53 PM1/10/19
to Bob McKenzie, retro-B5500
Greetings Bob and thank you for joining the group.

There has been many questions and I expect more to come. One
suggestion if you are so inclined is to review past posts in this
group and see if you would like to add to the commentary.
Additionally, if there are topics you would like to bring up please go
right ahead and give your perspective.

Although this group was primarily about the B5000 family, I think it
would be ok to raise topics about the B6000/7000 families here too.

As you might know we are still looking for a complete MCP for the
B6700 machine so we can embark on building an emulator for this
system, if you know where we might look to find old listings, tapes or
similar media that would be helpful.