Releases and Updates

crc

Jul 23, 2011, 12:14:17 PM7/23/11
to retro-language
Some miscellaneous news and updates.

== Retro 11.0 Released ==

For those who didn't see it elsewhere, Retro 11.0 has been released.

Download at http://s3.retroforth.org/download/11.x/retro-11.0.tar.gz
or grab just the final image + vm of your choice at http://retroforth.org
or one of the mirrors.

Updates to the individual VMs are rolled out to the mirrors each
night, so you can easily script to maintain a current VM. The images
will be updated if changes are made. (There are no planned changes

== Retro for Android ==

Retro for Android is working nicely on higher resolution devices.
Support for low (320x240) and medium (480x320) resolutions will be
coming Sunday or Monday. You can get it from http://retroforth.org/android
or on the Android Market at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.forthworks.retro

I've been working on some things. I'll mention a few of them here.

== Incision: A Pastebin ==

A web app to replace the old php+mysql pastebin I used to run. This is
written in Retro, using the Casket framework. It's up at
http://rx-core.org/dev/incision for testing purposes.

== Unwell: Debugging in the Browser ==

I've begun working on a web-based interface to the Autopsy debugger.
This is running off an 11.0 image, with the dissect' vocabulary and
casket' framework. Currently the decompiler is working, and I've begun
bringing in some sandboxing/emulation for debugging purposes.

It's up at http://rx-core.org/dev/unwell.

-- crc

roarde

Jul 24, 2011, 12:38:21 PM7/24/11
to retr...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 09:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
crc <charles....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some miscellaneous news and updates.
>

> == Retro 11.0 Released ==

Is this the time for those wishing to package Retro for their OS/distro to do so?

Not that it needs packaging, but there are those who will want "automatic" removal, etc.

--
Robert <roa...@sixforty.net>

Charles Childers

Jul 24, 2011, 8:44:26 PM7/24/11
to retr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is now a suitable time for Retro to be packaged for various
OSes/distros. If anyone does so, I'll include links from the
retroforth.[org|net|com] pages.

-- crc