Metabase plugin

jor...@parabol.co

Feb 28, 2019, 7:33:53 PM2/28/19
to RethinkDB
Hi RethinkDB folks,

I'm Jordan, co-founder of Parabol, the free online retrospective and meeting product.

We've had the need to dig into our rethinkdb store for greater intelligence on what's going on. While I love rethink, it doesn't (yet) have the greatest community of visualization tools built around it. I want to help change that.

I saw on Metabase on Hacker News ("Metabase is the easy, open source way for everyone in your company to ask questions and learn from data."). I did a little digging and saw that they have a plugin architecture for it. I started a stub repo to get started: https://github.com/jordanh/metabase-rethinkdb-driver

Anybody here interested in collaborating?

Gábor Boros

Mar 1, 2019, 5:47:28 AM3/1/19
to reth...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jordan,

I think this is a great initiative and it would be nice to see a driver like this. Unfortunately I have no experience with clojure, I hope we have some folks in the community who has.

Most of us using spectrum as a forum, so I think it would worth to ask around there (https://spectrum.chat/rethinkdb)

Jordan Husney

Mar 1, 2019, 10:45:25 AM3/1/19
to reth...@googlegroups.com
Gábor,

Hey, thanks for the pointer! I had no idea about the group on Spectrum. Joining now.

Truth is, I don't know Clojure either (but, I have some experience in functional languages). Figured no better excuse to learn than now :)

Jordan
--
Parabol
Jordan Husney | Co-founder & CEO