Flutter and rethinkDB - Code for changes?

Meg Lee Chin

Jan 31, 2021, 4:02:29 AM1/31/21
to RethinkDB
I'd like to use the Dart Rethink driver in Flutter to update my app in realtime with database updates.

https://pub.dev/packages/rethinkdb_dart

I need a real-time updated JSON list that I can use to update a listview in Streambuilder.

But I'm not sure how to get a change feed from my Rethinkdb Server;

void main(List<String> arguments) async { var connection; try { connection = await r.connect(db: "test", host: "myhostip", port: 28015); var changes = await r.table('tv_shows').changes().run(connection); print("changes: $changes");

The above code simply writes changes: Instance of 'Feed' to my console;

Any ideas what I should do?