Activation emails are not sent, fresh raspbian installation

Skip to the first unread message

Lantha

10 Sept 2020, 06:43:2910/09/2020
to Restya
Hi,

I managed to get Restya working on my raspberry pi 3b but no activation emails are sent to unconfirmed users and I have no clue why.

Any idea how I should troubleshoot this ? Maybe it's just because I skipped a step regarding the email configuration but I don't know where these instructions would be. The only guide I followed is th Ubuntu Installation from script guide.

Thanks for any help,

Lantha

Restya

10 Sept 2020, 06:52:1810/09/2020
to Restya
Please follow the instructions from the documentation link https://restya.com/board/docs/mailserver-configuration/ for configuring the mail server.

Thanks,
Restya Support

Lantha

11 Sept 2020, 01:07:0311/09/2020
to Restya
Is the external SMTP mandatory for emails to be sent or should the basic setup through the install script be enough to support this functionality without further tweaking ?

Restya

11 Sept 2020, 01:42:0911/09/2020
to Restya
On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 10:37:03 AM UTC+5:30 Lantha wrote:
Is the external SMTP mandatory for emails to be sent or should the basic setup through the install script be enough to support this functionality without further tweaking ?

Sometimes, the emails sent from basic setup will be shown in Spam folders of the user's emails, or emails will be blocked if the Restyaboard is configured on the IP address.

So, if you configure the external SMTP server for emails, you can avoid the above issues.

Lantha

11 Sept 2020, 07:21:1511/09/2020
to Restya
" or emails will be blocked if the Restyaboard is configured on the IP address "
What do you mean by that ?

Restya

11 Sept 2020, 08:54:4011/09/2020
to Restya
On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 4:51:15 PM UTC+5:30 Lantha wrote:
" or emails will be blocked if the Restyaboard is configured on the IP address "
What do you mean by that ?

When emails are being sent from local machine , most mail solutions such as Gmail may flag them as spam and will send them to spam folder.